Friday, October 17, 2008

Part of the Family

(Truman & Nixon)

These are MY human cats - yes MY cats. They LOVE me more than anyone else in our household. I have had Truman for 13 years. He has moved 6 times with me and 4 of those were within 18 months and Nixon is only 3 years old and still resides in the same house he was adopted into.

My husband and the kids hate that Nixon became MY cat, since we got him for them. On the weekends when the older 3 kids come over Nixon just hides from them and only comes out at night. The boys spend the day looking in all his favorite spots just trying to catch him. It is quite funny since we got him for the them. I told them (the boys) when he was little not to chase him, don't trap him etc - did they listen noooo way - so now as soon as he hears Konley and Keyton's voices walking in the door, he will freeze like a statue and then tear up the stairs totally freaked. They have all decided that they like Truman more and that he is the "better" cat. They used to asked "how long do cats live?" "when Truman dies can we get another cat?" I don't hear that anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up having cats!! I love them. We now just have a dog. I do miss the whole cat thing. We'll get one in the future I'm sure. ~Jill :)