Monday, May 25, 2009
Memorial Day
This Memorial day was a little different for me.
Strange that I was planning on what flowers
I wanted to put on Konley's grave
My stepson - didn't think I would be doing this a year ago
All in all I would say it was a good day.
We got up early and met Russ' brother and sister at Konley's grave and then went to go get donuts at Lamars (a favorite place of his). Not thinking - that they might be closed due to Memorial day, so off we went hunting down a place to eat. Since the weather was cooperating - we headed off to the zoo. We saw lions, tigers and bears oops - we missed the bears this time. London really loves seeing all the different animals.
Once we got back home it was time to clean, do laundry, mow the yard and play. So, Russ is off to Dairy Queen to get us some ice cream to finish off our evening.
Hope everyone had a moment to remember those they've lost over the years.
Konley, we love you and miss you being with us on a daily basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment