The spent a day at the Badlands. This is such an interesting park - there are many different areas from prairie grass lands to an area that was once the bottom of a sea you will see sedimentary rock called Pierre shale full of fossils. This area has been described as "peaks and valleys of delicately banded colors - colors that shift in the sunshine. . .and a thousand tints that color charts do not show." There is very little in the Badlands and when it is hot - it's hot and the winter is cold and windy. I can't image how they ever passed through this land on horse or foot.
Kassade and Keyton want to hike up this hill - the next pictures will show them on their little journey. It was much further, larger and higher than they thought.
If you look closely you can barely see them towards the bottom of the hill. If I knew how to draw arrows to point them out - I would do that for you but I haven't figured that one out.
Keyton is ahead of Kassade (she is still towards the bottom).
They finally made it.

2 comments:
They did a great job documenting their trip with pictures and you're doing a great job explaining it all! What a great time they must have had and what fun memories!
Had lunch with Kassade today, she told us she had a great time on the trip. Great memories are so good!
Post a Comment