. . . boom Boom BOOM!
London asked several times this last week
"When will it be America's birthday"
today - finally it has arrived
Russ started an early morning with the neighbor guys (golf)
The girls stayed home and got things ready for the evening events
and some were able to sneak in some relaxation time before the guests arrived
Since us girls had our 4th of July gear on
I thought it would be nice to have a picture together
Tell me . . . why is this such a difficult process
every time we try this
it should only take 5 - 10 minutes at the most for one good picture
I try to direct Russ how to take the picture (he is still learning to use the camera)
London - who knows if she is willing at that moment to participate
and Kennedy - she just a good little one
this is how the pictures went . . .
mom not paying attention
mom looks good - the girls not participating
we are all doing our own thing in this one
okay better - two out of three isn't bad
probably the best one out of 20 - but just okay
a little over exposed
forget it - lets just love on the baby and try something else
Kennedy voicing her opinion about the photo shoot
then it was time to get things started
Russ' brother and sister and families came over for dinner and to shoot fireworks
We had Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken (yum) Pioneer Woman recipe
homemade potato salad, corn casserole, peppers stuffed with cheese . . . you get the picture
While they were waiting for dinner the kids took to the Banzai
after dinner it was time to move onto the real fun
Fireworks
this was really cool - it was like a large ball of glittering sparks
then when it was finished it exploded
lots of fountains
I did better with my camera this year
trying to figure out those manual settings
London really enjoyed doing fireworks
she finished all the $5,000 sparklers we had
at 10:00 PM
she was down to 1 box of sparklers and Molly (neighbor) had 2 smoke bombs
there was such a sad looks on their faces when they finished those off
it was another good 4th of July
spending time with family and neighbors

4 comments:
Thanks for hosting a great 4th family get together. The food was yummy, the fireworks were great and the company was the best! Love you guys!
I think you got some cute pictures! I actually like the overexposed/brighter look. I usually overexpose mine a little bit on purpose. Regardless, you all look adorable!
Great pics! I love the pic of you loving on the baby!
Love your pictures! You are definitely going to have to show me how to use the settings on my camera. All I got were blurs. And don't we have close to the same camera? I have to admit, I was kind of lamenting our old block parties this year! I miss those!
Post a Comment