Sunday, July 15, 2012

one

I can't believe our little baby is ONE!
time for a party
we kept it fairly simple and just had family over for dinner and cake
polk-a-dots was the theme
found these balloons at Party City
we also hung pink/green/blue paper lanterns from the ceiling
and I made a table cloth to match
I found her shirt on Etsy and made the skirt (same material as the table cloth)
I've got enough left over to make something for London
I didn't take many First Birthday photos
she has been teething and had a runny nose - I don't want a red nose in pictures
I thought I would take some later this week when she is feeling better
very intrigued with the balloons
I hear people coming
after some instruction from London
she got the hang of opening gifts
a lot of activity going on while getting the cake ready
I realized afterwards  -  all the pictures I took I had the cake in focus but not Kennedy
I guess my ADD was kicking in and I wasn't paying enough attention
(so much for learning about depth of field)
two helpers to blow out the candle
Russ wanted to let her dig into part of the cake
she really wasn't sure what to do at first
when she licked her fingers - she wasn't too impressed with the frosting
I think she had more fun just playing with it
It has been a great year with this little one
so glad God knew what our family needed to make it more complete
you have been such a blessing to us
thank you for all the joy you bring us each day

We love you more each day!

Happy First Birthday Kennedy

2 comments:

Amy said...

So adorable!! Of course.
Love the polka dots and love that little miss!
Can't believe she is ONE!

Danielle said...

I can't believe she is 1 already! Looks like a perfect Jen Thomas party. Love all the polka dots! It all came together and turned out beautifully. I may have to stop by to check out all the homemade goods someday soon :)